Jordan Goldsmith's practice includes all aspects of healthcare law. Mr. Goldsmith particularly concentrates in the areas of medical malpractice and significant personal injury, and takes great pride in representing people injured as a result of the negligent acts of others. Through his disciplined preparation and dedicated advocacy, Mr. Goldsmith has achieved several large awards on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Goldsmith's practice also includes the zealous representation of healthcare professionals in the review of employment agreements and before the State Board of Medical Examiners, Office of Professional Medical Conduct, Alcohol and Drug Counselor Committee and the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Goldsmith served as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, where he was lead counsel in hundreds of matters ranging from homicides to white collar crimes. His involvement often began in the initial investigative stages and ended with a plea or trial. Prior to joining the Prosecutor's Office, Mr. Goldsmith served as law clerk to the Hon. Mary K. Costello, P.J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division.
Mr. Goldsmith teaches a course, “Compliance, Regulatory and Legal Issues in Healthcare,” to undergraduates at the Teaneck campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University. He was included in (201) Magazine's list of Bergen's "Top Lawyers" in Medical Malpractice in 2018 and 2019.
Areas of Practice
- Healthcare Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2007
- New York, 2008
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Moot Court Association Member
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Compliance, Regulatory and Legal Issues in Healthcare, Teaneck campus of Fairleigh Dickinson University
Honors and Awards
- Included in (201) Magazine's list of Bergen's "Top Lawyers" in Medical Malpractice, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Trustees, Bergen Volunteer Medical Initiative, Member
- New Jersey Association for Justice, Member, 2013
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2013
- Hudson County Bar Association, Member, 2008
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, Assistant Prosecutor
- Hon. Mary K. Costello, P.J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division, Law Clerk