Defending Your License – And Your Reputation
The law firm of Goldsmith & Goldsmith, LLP, defends doctors and other licensed professionals facing possible disciplinary action for allegations of incompetence or malfeasance. We understand what is at stake — your license to practice medicine, your reputation in the profession and the community, and everything you have worked for.
Our firm brings unique qualifications to medical licensing board defense:
- Attorney Lee S. Goldsmith is himself a licensed physician.
- Attorney Jordan S. Goldsmith is a former assistant prosecutor.
- Our practice is devoted to health law and medical litigation.
- We bring more than 40 years of focused experience to your case.
Located in Bergen County, we serve clients in northern New Jersey and beyond. We can capably counsel and represent physicians in all disciplines, including hospitalists, surgeons, anesthesiologists and radiologists, as well as pharmacists, physician assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners, lab technicians and any licensed medical professional of New Jersey or New York.
Our lengthy record of results includes recoveries for victims of true malpractice as well as successful defense of doctors and nurses who did nothing wrong. We can negotiate a discreet resolution on your behalf or vigorously defend you in hearings and administrative appeals.
Qualified Counsel For Investigations And Disciplinary Proceedings
We advise and represent medical personnel in investigations conducted by the Office of Professional Medical Conduct and the Office of Medical Examiners and in licensure proceedings before the Board of Medicine and Board of Nursing.
We help clients respond to any allegation or complaint:
- Charges of incompetence or negligence
- Charges of patient neglect
- Charges of prescription fraud (e.g., over-prescribing OxyContin)
- Alleged drug or alcohol addiction
- Allegations of providing false information on an application
- Alleged misappropriation of drugs, equipment or funds
Depending on the nature of the offense and the circumstances, sanctions might include huge fines, an official reprimand on your record, temporary suspension and/or permanent revocation of one’s license to practice medicine in New Jersey and/or New York. The outcome or findings of these proceedings could also lead to a civil lawsuit for medical malpractice or wrongful death or even criminal prosecution.
Our experienced trial lawyers will explain your rights, gauge where you stand and guide you through the process. We will do everything in our power to clear your name or mitigate the damage to your career and livelihood.