If You Were Injured By A Nursing Error, You May Have A Legal Claim For Compensation
Regardless of how careful and competent a physician might be, the assisting nurses may make errors that result in severe and potentially deadly effects.
At Goldsmith & Goldsmith, LLP, our lawyers serve clients in nursing error and related medical malpractice claims. We have decades of experience representing malpractice victims in Bergen County, Essex County and Hudson County and throughout New Jersey, and our attorney Lee S. Goldsmith has earned an M.D. along with his legal training. This combination of legal knowledge and medical expertise give our firm unique knowledge into the nuances of bringing successful medical malpractice claims involving nursing errors and other hospital errors.
Common Nursing Errors
Although they do not perform surgeries or prescribe medications, nurses are involved in every aspect of the medical care and counsel patients receive in a hospital. Their performance directly impacts the outcomes of medical care, sometimes resulting in serious injuries and illnesses. Goldsmith & Goldsmith represents clients in nursing error lawsuits such as:
- Failure to monitor: Nurses failing to monitor their patients contributes to birth injuries, emergency room errors, surgical errors and other problems.
- Failure to clean: In too many cases, nurses do not adequately clean surgical instruments, IVs and other equipment, leading to life-threatening infection.
- Transport and assistance failure: Nurses are required to lift and transport patients and assist in other ways. When they fail to follow the proper procedure, patients fall or suffer other harm.
- Mislabeling and charting failure: Nurses must label blood samples and chart details in accordance with tight protocols. A small error or omission in this important documentation could prove catastrophic for patients.
- Exceeding authority: Nurses are not qualified to prescribe medication, perform medical procedures or diagnose patients. It is malpractice when nurses perform functions meant to be handled only by medical doctors and harm patients as a result.
Get More Information
The above is just a small sampling of the types of nursing error claims we have handled. If you or someone you love has been harmed in any way by a nurse or other medical professional, call us right away at 201-429-7892 or email us to schedule a consultation.