Hospital Errors Pose A Serious Risk For Patients
Hospitals are responsible for providing patients with competent care. Because of the sensitive and highly complicated nature of medical care, surgeons, hospitalists and other doctors, as well as nurses and hospital staff, must be diligent and cautious. Even the simplest errors can be catastrophic for patients. If you or someone you love has been victimized by a hospital error, it is critical to work with an experienced medical malpractice team to protect your rights and obtain full compensation for the medical expenses, lost wages and other damages that resulted from the incident.
At Goldsmith & Goldsmith, LLP, we represent clients in Bergen County, Essex County and Hudson County; throughout New Jersey; and in New York. We have decades of experience handling all types of medical malpractice claims, including hospital injuries involving:
- Errors made by nurses: The nurses on a hospital’s staff must be just as responsible for their patients’ care as doctors and surgeons.
- Emergency room errors: With the speed and intensity of hospital emergencies, medical professionals working in the ER must be especially well-trained, conscientious and prepared. Stroke protocols, for example, demand treatment within four hours. If not, a delay can result in tragic injuries, illnesses and even wrongful death.
- Hospitalist errors: A hospitalist is a physician who works in a hospital. Common hospitalist errors include misdiagnosis, misinterpreted lab reports, premature discharge, medication errors and related problems.
- Surgical errors: More than almost any other profession, surgeons need to be extremely well-trained and completely focused on their work. When they make mistakes, they can be held liable for the damages that their errors cause.
- Other hospital negligence claims: Everyone from the head surgeon to the record-keeping staff member and janitorial worker needs to be competent, professional and conscientious. Lack of proper care can result in lab errors, infections, slip-and-fall accidents and other serious incidents.
Attorney Lee S. Goldsmith has more than four decades of litigation experience, and he is also a medical doctor. This exceptional knowledge and experience give our firm a tremendous advantage in hospital negligence claims.