Health Law Counsel From An Attorney-Physician
Throughout his career in civil litigation, Lee Goldsmith has maintained a special focus on matters where the law and medicine intersect. As both a licensed physician and a certified trial attorney, he is uniquely qualified to practice in the evolving field of health law.
While Goldsmith & Goldsmith, LLP, is best known as a plaintiff medical malpractice firm, we regularly advise and represent medical professionals whose reputations and livelihoods are at stake. Located in Bergen County, we serve clients in northern New Jersey and statewide, as well as in adjoining jurisdictions of New York.
Qualified Advice And Representation For Medical Personnel
Lee S. Goldsmith (M.D., J.D.) possesses a rare combination of legal and medical degrees. Through his law practice, he has stayed abreast of changes and trends in medical science, medical litigation, health care regulation and the medical industry. As a malpractice lawyer, he is attuned to the standard of care in various medical disciplines. As a doctor, he is sympathetic to the pressures and risks that medical personnel face.
Jordan S. Goldsmith, an ex-prosecutor has represented numerous physicians and allied health care professions before the State Licensing Boards as well as for contractual matters. He currently sits on the Board of a Not-for-Profit medical provider.
Our clients include independent physicians and hospitalists, surgeons, radiologists, physician assistants, nurses, medical technicians, pharmacists and hospital administrators. Our health law consulting and litigation practice covers a broad spectrum:
- Legal counsel to physicians who are being sued (independent of insurance defense counsel)
- Defense of medical professionals before the Board of Medicine, Board of Nursing, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Overcoming barriers to licensure, relicensure or privileges in New Jersey and New York
- Counsel to medical professionals on the legalities of health care contracts, professional associations and regulatory compliance
- Representation centering on document review, risk assessment and service level agreements (SLA)
40-Plus Years Of Medical And Legal Experience
Goldsmith & Goldsmith, LLP, can help you understand your rights and explore your options. Our legal team is devoted to the quality legal advice and vigorous representation necessary to protect your medical license and career.